[Gnumed-devel] first draft contacts business class

From: sjtan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] first draft contacts business class
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 02:17:18 +1000

The tables and links for 'org' were different enough to 'identity' that I did another module with similiar functionality to gmDemographic, just to wrap the different sql scripting. it's in business/gmOrganization.py , and it seems to pass its simple unit test.

It's not connected to any gui, so the current client isn't affected by this pre-alpha module.

The unit test should run as "export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:../";python business/gmOrganization.py"
in the gnumed/client directory (same as gm-from-cvs.sh)
if it fails the unit test, and there is still the test org left in the org table, this needs to be removed by manually removing the lnk_person_org_address, and lnk_org2comm_channel with the same id_org as the test org's id, then delete the test org, otherwise the unit test will keep failing due to the unique key constraint on org.description column, so a constant test org can't be re-used. Otherwise the unit test will try to remove the test org using self.shallow_del() if there are recoverable failures, or it runs to completion.

I'll add more documentation, and more functionality if it is helpful.

Note, an org doesn't aggregate other orgs or persons yet, which is new stuff to do (and may not be wanted ). Someone could also write a preferred interface for the contacts business case, and I can
try to plug it in to that as an exercise.