Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search functionality - numbers / date input

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient search functionality - numbers / date input
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 07:52:53 +0200

the top panel patient searcher does just that, it just doesn't
make too much fuss about it, the searcher itself is reusable,
even independantly of any UI interface to it (eg., we use it
in searching people transferred in via text files)

> - there had been discussion of a date widget that would accept and
> convert partial date info e.g. only the "day of month" if current
> month, only the month and date if current year etc
> http://www.gnumed.org/documentation/develop/discussion/date.html
- client/wxpython/gmDateTimeInput.py
- open for improvement

> - - - will there be an interaction problem of would the date entry
> widget only be called selectively (IMO it should be consistent?)
it can be instantiated and used anywhere one would need a
date/time input widget

> - - - is a date widget worth adding to the road map and at what level
surely, improvement thereof, in any case

> > 2. on entering numbers there should be a sanity check, else we cant
> know
> > what is a date and what an patient id.
> a) There already is.
> b) If you type "#digits" you _explicitely_ saying: this is a
>    patient ID.
> c) "*digits" -> date of birth
> d) "$digits" -> date of birth (maybe this one is confusing)
> e) "+digits" -> date of death
>
> Why "*" and "+" ? Look at how people write the dates for birth and
> death when they refer to famous people.
Uh, you tell me ?