[Gnumed-devel] Data integrity (was: Which distributions (distros) of Lin

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Data integrity (was: Which distributions (distros) of Linux are recommended for GnuMed?)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:28:04 -0700

On May 31, 2004, at 11:45 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

2.) ALL changes to the database from 1.0 onwards are solely extensions to that
1.0 script ("diff scripts"),
it is not feasible to speak of *that* 1.0 script

Not feasible to speak of *that* script *yet* or, if I misread it, I guess whatever is the script that exists at 1.0 will de facto be *the* script in question.

d) provide data migration scripts from
1.0 to 2.0 when 2.0 is "released" for user-oriented packages
to use. This is a fairly complex task which I don't have time
to handle, currently.

I imagine some of the doctors who use 1.0 (hopefully beyond the current developer group) would want the above to happen which could make help more likely.

I have begun a wiki topic "Data Integrity" at
http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/DataIntegrity
and will update it once the thread is seen to die down.

Maybe "Data Migration" or "GnuMed revisions" would be better terms though "Data integrity" could serve to placehold data issues more than just changes to the databases and tables. I could cross-reference the terms and include a term "SQL issues" on http://hherb.com/cgi-bin/twiki/view/Gnumed/DevelopmentReference