Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: gmContact signal

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: gmContact signal
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:00:23 +0200

> - doesn't look like it's needed , after trying out the referrals panel
> (phrasewheeled surname, initial , phrasewheel relevant comm_channels)
that's what I would have thought

> - maybe just use gmContacts for browsing, arranging and editing
> abbreviated demographic data.
exactly

btw, I have lately thought about exactly *when* to use a
phrase wheel and when not to. I think a phrasewheel is of use
if the entry one is searching for is known beforehand, eg.
- what vaccine was used
- the name of the doctor to refer someone to or
- a drug name
- a comm channel *type*
- a diagnosis
- a speciality

It is NOT useful in lists where I simply know that the list
does contain entries that may be what I am looking for but I
don't yet know which one, eg.

- picking an episode
- picking a health issue
- comm channel *URL*
- etc.

In that case a simple pick list seems to work better.
Typically those lists are rather short.

Just wanted to share that thought.