Re: [Gnumed-devel] public demo ssh account at hherb.com

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] public demo ssh account at hherb.com
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 17:38:38 -0700

Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 11:47, sjtan wrote:
can there be a a public demo ssh account at hherb.com which has the
gnumed client , access to python,  access to  vnc,
which people can try running the python client and server on the hherb
LAN , preferrably on a DMZ machine, or is that
too hard to set up securely ?
VNC are you kidding ? Have you ever tried this via anything but a local LAN ?
I connect to my machine's VNC server from work. It is great. I use tightVNC on both ends though. Makes a big difference. My home machine has 512kbps upload. I also use fluxbox with no desktop background. I usually use mozilla and check home mail and send mail, etc...
I have tried it. It is actually usable with an ISDN (64KBit/s) line. KDE developers plan on supporting this in one of the next releases along with VNC and whatever else is there. There are clients for most platforms.
I've never tried KDE's vnc. I have used KDE over tightVNC before and it's just too much eye candy, slows everything down.

--
David J. Grant
http://davidgrant.ca