[Gnumed-devel] Re: (Another) Install of GnuMed (this time on Debian "Sar

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: (Another) Install of GnuMed (this time on Debian "Sarge")
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:32:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > > The bootstrapping procedure is messy at the moment.  Reason: one has to be
> > > user 'postgres' ... it is 'cause of Debian I've been told--Debian forces
> > > the use of "IDENT" in the 'pg_hba.conf'.
> > Sorry, this is WRONG and I have explained in my mail quotet above how to
> > do it right.
> To set things straight: *I* said this is the cause. Please
Well, this does not make it right it is wrong independently from the
person who said it. ;-)

> post an unmodified Debian pg_hba.conf and I will show you why
> (hint: Uuser michael cannot su to postgres, non-postgres cannot
> connect as gm-dbowner).

Here is what the gnumed-snapshot-server.postinst does:

*Pre*pend this

-------------------------- >8

### DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE: GNUMED_SERVER_CONFIG_DONE
### Next lines inserted by gnumed-server install
#
## Enable bootstraping the GnuMed-Server
#
# Enables socket authentification to template1 for users mentioned in
# file $PGDATA/gmTemplate1User.list (=gm-dbowner) with PASSWORD authentication
# to enable creating gnumed database and users
local        template1      @gmTemplate1User.list                  password
#
# Enables socket authentification to gnumed-test for users mentioned in
# file $PGDATA/gmTemplate1User.list (=gm-dbowner) with authentication TRUST
# to pupulate database with data.  Unfortunately the current bootstraping method
# requires TRUST. :-(
local        gnumed-test    @gmTemplate1User.list                  trust
#
## Enable client connections to the GnuMed-Server
#
# Enables socket authentification to gnumed-test for users mentioned in
# file $PGDATA/gmGnumedUser.list with PASSWORD authentication
# The file $PGDATA/gmGnumedUser.list should be regarded as config file
# and thus it is a symlink to /etc/gnumed/gmGnumedUser.list
local   gnumed-test  @gmGnumedUser.list                     password
#
# Uncomment this to enable remote users connecting to the GnuMed server
# You have to provide <IPADDR> and <IPMASK>
#    <IPADDR> = 0.0.0.0  and  <IPMASK> = 255.255.255.255
# means connection from all hosts is allowed
#
# host    gnumed-test  @gmGnumedUser.list  <IPADDR>  <IPMASK>   md5
# hostssl gnumed-test  @gmGnumedUser.list  <IPADDR>  <IPMASK>   md5
### End gnumed-server install
### DO NOT REMOVE THIS LINE: GNUMED_SERVER_CONFIG_END

-------------------------- 8<

to /etc/postgres/pg_hba.conf  and put the following two files to the directory

      /var/lib/postgres/data

gmTemplate1User.list:
    gm-dbowner

gmGnumedUser.list:  (or rather this is a symlink to
/etc/gnumed/gmGnumedUser.list)
    gm-dbowner
    test-doc
    _test-doc

The syntax of the pg_hba.conf file with "@filename" refers exactly to these
files.

This works for me and it would be really great if someone could verify this.

Kind regards

          Andreas.