Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: previous postings to do with installers

From: Dominique Buenzli
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: previous postings to do with installers
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 09:56:56 +0200

HI !

What the Mac guys really want of course is a single 20 meg zip that contains gnumed plus binaries of python, wxpython and postgres:

Yes that's right, except the postgres binary. It has been decided that this one has to be installed separately.
Do some people think we should bundle it into GnumedLauncher.app ?

one icon to start the server process (with the database already installed), one for the client. Insane as it may be from a unix perspective [or maybe not, see: zero-install.sourceforge.net], if that's what's best for their platform then we should go with it.

That's what is in the docs anyway... http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/Conceptual/ SoftwareDistribution/Concepts/sd_on_mac_os_x.html

Dominique