Re: [Gnumed-devel] wiki convention to de-clutter discussion (proposal)

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] wiki convention to de-clutter discussion (proposal)
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:30:33 -0700

Jim and everyone else,

Here are some links I found. Should be implemented on the discussion page for easier addition of comments to bottom of page:
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/CommentPlugin

This one Jim found, could be useful but is not exactly what you were originally looking for. This is more meant for pages which you don't want people to edit, but you want people to be able to comment on it.
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/FeedbackPlugin

Could be useful for generating e-mailable, or printable manuals from a wiki user manual.
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/PdfPlugin

Hmm, I can't seem to find any plugins which allow easy automatic creation of discussion pages like what is done on Wikipedia.

There is a discussion forum addon, which makes Slashdot style pages:
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/DiscussionForumAddOn
Example demo:
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Sandbox/DiscussionForumOverview
Useful for posting gnumed news on the wiki maybe.

So Jim's idea is good to add "Discussion" after every twiki link name to create discussion pages. Or it might be an idea to just have a few pages called [[DevelopmentDiscussion]] [[WebDiscussion]] as need be.

david

Jim Busser wrote:

If anyone is interested, there may be a plugin available at twiki.org which does this automatically.
David