Re: [Gnumed-devel] trying to sort out a few things - From Richard Terry

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] trying to sort out a few things - From Richard Terry
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 16:35:33 +0200

> This is a good example of where intelligent use of the editing area is
> valuable. If you remember the vb screen dumps there was a check box
> labelled 'confidential' which when checked flags an item as not for
> general distribution - something similar can be in gnuMed.
It will but that won't solve the entire problem. Also, having
one checkbox "confidential" in one edit area may not suffice.
Imagine an edit area for requests: I enter "VD-screen" into
the "requests" line. I enter "suspected HIV" into a "diagnosis"
line. I enter "VD likely contracted in Uganda 9/01" into a
"narrative line". Now, which item does the confidential flag
correspond to ?

> The same
> concept can be applied to the medication list, but is fraught with
> danger as the omitted drugs could be relevent in their interactions to
> something another party prescribes.
Surely, but that's my risk. In an ideal world it'd be the
patient's risk as I would be assessing level of disclosure
with regard to *this* referral/request.