Re: [Gnumed-devel] GUI layout / user configurability / mockup

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GUI layout / user configurability / mockup
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:00:42 +0200

Horst,

IMNSHO opinion the mockup does not demonstrate much beyond the
way *you* would like *your* GnuMed frontend to look like.
Which is fine. What I was looking for is the really
interesting stuff: How do you handle GUI/backend connection.
How do you handle loading/unloading plugins. How do you handle
errors. How do you achieve the snappy speed you report. How do
you handle data (eg. dumb lists vs. smart objects). How do you
handle encounters, episodes, health issues, active problems,
etc (or do you handle them at all ?).

I am more interested in how to do the important and interesting
things right, less in where to place this line or that widget.

Can I hope for more code to be showcased ?

Thanks,