Re: [Gnumed-devel] need assessment from fellow clinicians

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] need assessment from fellow clinicians
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:36:38 +0200

> >S: patient requests BP review or BP review due
> >O: 120/70
> >A: (may contain commment if bad eg poor control)
> >P script atenolol 50 * 1/day
>
> how about an editor that parses this?
You'll get into a quagmire that decades of natural language
processing and AI have failed to make easy even with
specialized vocabularies/ontologies as in medicine.

I can imagine, however, a free-text box that let's me select
text parts and press <Alt-S/O/A/P> to make them such.

> and could be  entered as quantified observations of category systolic
> bp, diastolic bps  ( not yet in gnumed schema )
see gmMeasurements.sql

> A/  ( comments on bad poor control ) -> entered in clin_notes, how to
> tag as free comment?
clin_narrative where soap_cat = 'a'