[Gnumed-devel] loading just a few plugins

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] loading just a few plugins
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 21:35:48 +0200

On Thursday 01 July 2004 20:39, Dominique Buenzli wrote:
> Hi Sebastien !
>
> > Two good links I use all the time are.
> >
> > 1) How to Think Like a Computer Scientist - Learning with Python
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/obp/thinkCSpy/
> >
> > 2)Non-Programmers Tutorial For Python
> > http://www.honors.montana.edu/~jjc/easytut/easytut/
>
> Excellent ! (Specially the second one...)... I already started to read
> it !
he first one is really hand when you know what you want but don't know how
exactly. e.g. how do I get a value into or out of a dictionary etc.

> But anyway it still looks like there will be a long time before I will
> be able to hack into gnumed...
Nah, It's a process. There is no deadline. Just following Gnumed will let you
grow into it.

> After your extensive mac specific debugging,  the gnumed.log file is
> almost empty of errors  (Except the splashscreen deprecated message)
> see attached log file.
Looks good to me. Some of these erros are not mac specific. They are in my
logs, too. I just ignore them until they bug me or someone else fixes them.

> Some errors remains in the gm-from-cvs.macosx.log file though.
>
> Lots of them talk about a "client encoding not specified" and some
> definition sources not found...
That's non-fatal. It could lead to missing characters but should be ok.
BTW. I think we have a french translation somewhere in cvs.

Try removing the # in front of 'export LANG=fr' in gm-from-cvs-macosx.sh :-)
This should make you feel at home I guess.

> I am sorry but I didn't attempt enough or your excellent gnumed hacking
> Lessons to be able to debug these messages...
> I think I will carry one with my reading of the Python tutorial.
>
> By the way the "about box" works now and some of the graphical stuff
> almost appeared for a few seconds (but unable to interact with) see
> attached screens...
We are getting there.
Please got to this file
[/Users/dom/.gnumed/gnumed.conf]

check if it contains [workplace] somewhere.
if not add  this
[workplace]
name = test2plugin

this will hopefully load gnumed with only three modules. change into the
configuration tab if it works and make yourself familiar with it.

if you change anythin please do this for address@hidden
which should be address@hidden

you can add entries into the brachches and remove the just take a look at
address@hidden which should have the names for all plugins.

if this works please try to remove and add plugins and see what happens.
Alway leave gmConfigRegistry and at least one more since there seems to be a
bug when only one plugin gets loaded.

Hopefully these three plugins work so you can add more.

If you screw up the plugin load order (like I did to test this)
don't worry. just give a new name to name = test2plugin
like name=frontdesk (or whatever you come up with) and it will restore the
plugins.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany

Unterstützen Sie die Entwicklung von freier Software durch Ihren
        Internet - Einkauf unter der Adresse:
http://profiseller.de/shop1/index.php3?ps_id=P1658133