Re: [Gnumed-devel] PIT importer

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] PIT importer
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 22:42:47 +1000

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 21:04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> > If run as "main", this module turns *.pit files into HTML files
>
> So much for the parser. What does the importer do ? Any plans
> to have it import into clinical tables ?

Well, as I said, it parses PIT files into Python dictionary objects. It
implements the full specifications, except for the "font" and "pitch" tag,
which to date no Pathology company in Australia is using. Trivial from there
to pop the values into any clinical tables.

Currently, I still have to live with my simplified "mini-gnumed" / medibase
chimera, so I myself import the results into that (which is just another 30
lines of Python code). Probably useless for non-Australian gnumed users.

Implementationwise, I did not use the regex module on purpose, since it is
missing on some platforms and I want to preserve maximum portability.

Anyway, it's now in test-area/hherb/gmPITParser.py

I would appreciate if my Australian colleagues could try it with different PIT
files from different Pathology providers; so far I only know that it works
with those produced by "Mayne Health", and even that is not thoroughly tested

Horst