Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP - Edit Area - Parser - some thoughts

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] SOAP - Edit Area - Parser - some thoughts
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 15:00:55 +0200

> Real world doesn't work like that, as the years go
> by, you find out all sorts of things that weren't revealed before - we are in
> a position of trust and as the trust grows, then old items of history get
> revealed, and have to be added to the list.
Sure, one may enter clin_narrative rows any time. If today I
learn of a 1993 miscarriage due to rubella I can enter a Soap
line "miscarr 93 - rubella" and a soAp line (is_aoe false)
with "post rubella". I could then link clin_diag* rows to that
if I feel the need to make that a hard diagnosis.

In fact, personally, I would probably not make that a diagnosis at
all but rather leave it as a history item (in a Soap line).

> On our old paper system it is kept as a separate page, one kept on top of the
> main pile, a summary but not part of the main flow.
GnuMed can be made smart enough to generate that page on
demand. I don't see too much worry there.