Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-mini

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-mini
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:29:27 +1000

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 23:12:15 +1000
Horst Herb <address@hidden> wrote:

> - use of the new namespace features of Postgres >= 7.3, aiming at using the
> native distributed database features coming with 7.5 (saving all the trouble
> with "services" we had to take til now.
Can you throw us a link for this one, Horst, it's left me scratching my head.

> design is far too simplicistic),  but it is a actually working functional
> replacement for currently available software. If debugged and completed it
> will allow my colleagues in Australia to bide time by using it until the
> proper gnumed is finalized.
Sure, and Linux is "just a quick hack while we wait for the HURD"

Although I reserve judgement until I see the code, I suspect I'm going to
prefer the
GUI layout and plugin model of this client, I would be interested to see how
much of the code of
current client can be retrofitted onto this new framework.

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E