Re: [Gnumed-devel] Easy database installer

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Easy database installer
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:06:45 +1000

Ian, I vote with Horst - get rid of mxDateTime! (of course your script seg-faults on my machine!!!!!)

Regards

richard

Horst Herb wrote:

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:16, Ian Haywood wrote:
Unfortunately you still need to have Python, wxPython, pyPgSQL and
mxDateTime installed. What would be nice is a postgres access module
written in pure python: then our only dependencies would be python and
wxwindows, is there such a thing?

The dependency that's easiest to get rid of is mxDateTime. Almost all of it used by pyPgSQL is nowadays available in Python standard libraries.

It should not be too much of a problem implementing the Postgres backend protocol in pure python either; I looked at it once and it seemed pretty much straightforward.
Horst