Re: [Gnumed-devel] TWiki backups (was: A quick one about the TWiki at hh

From: Horst Herb
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] TWiki backups (was: A quick one about the TWiki at hherb.com)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 21:36:57 +1000

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 01:53, Jim Busser wrote:
> I am nervous at any bad luck costing us all the wiki content.
> I am not sure I will have the heart to recreate it all.
>
> Karsten, do you share my desire for some safety?
> As Horst has just seemed too busy, can you add the appropriate lines?
> Does cron need a line to run the specified /backup/ directory contents?

Just did a backup of the whole system with rsync yesterday and again today.
Backup server appears to work.
Will now put a cron script in place which will rsync the /home and /var/www
directory trees daily onto the backup server

If you have anything in PostgreSQL or MySQL databases, make sure you create a
cron script that dumps the databases into any of the /home subdirectories.

Horst