Re: [Gnumed-devel] A question re demographics

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] A question re demographics
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:51:11 -0700

On Jul 18, 2004, at 10:12 PM, Richard Terry wrote:
What exactly is the 0.1 version.
I would have thought that without a functional demographic screen
nothing could proceed!

Well, given the wiki RoadMap for this item acknowledges "input needs more smarts" and yet asserts it is "basically done" (for 0.1) it must hinge on the _extent of function_ envisioned for 0.1. I would think the scope must include a GUI that permits creation of a new patient, and to enter at least a portion of that patient's data, but maybe no more?

I cannot recall a description of the _goal_ that governs the 0.1 scope, which could make 0.1 components (and the extent of function required) clearer. Maybe the actual aim for 0.1 is limited to connect several parts (not even necessarily all main parts) in order to determine connectivity issues and some additional technical choices?