Re: [Gnumed-devel] Validation of data within widgits

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Validation of data within widgits
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:40:00 -0700

On Jul 19, 2004, at 8:55 PM, Jim Busser wrote:
Each and every text box needs to be allocated the
character types allowed to be entered there.

Back in my old FoxBASE application... field formatting support included
is this something for which there is built-in support in wxpython/wxwidgits?

I found:
http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.4.2/wx474.htm#validatoroverview

which includes a link to wxTextValidator

Filtering behaviours (wxFILTER_ALPHA, ..._NUMERIC, ..._INCLUDE_LIST) are supported but I can't see support for pattern matching (e.g. A9A 9A9), or formula-based validation like modulus[ ] which British Columbia health numbers need to satisfy.

Would a solution require C++ (control) variables to be written and pointed to?