Re: [Gnumed-devel] Busy Cursor Code Snippets

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Busy Cursor Code Snippets
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 20:05:43 +0200

> I was wondering if under the search box , there was a horizontal list of
> found names , holding say upto 5 names.
That is what Richard's demographics screen does. So does the
popup on multiple matches. I am in favour of merging the two
if we preserve the advantages of both.

> When the search occurs , a separate thread for handling the search is
> done, when the search returns, that
> thread adds the name to the list and boots off the oldest name( and it's
> associated record
Finding a list of names usually takes around 100ms even over
the internet. Tests with 125000 patients in a LAN have been
shown to return sub-second.

The top_panel search field already remembers the last 10
patients (but does not keep their records preloaded).

> the user can then select the name
> when it's ready ( or any other name
> that's already there) , which will then set the gui to display that record.
> What do people think about this gui idea?
It sounds fairly threaded.