[Gnumed-devel] re: Gnumed-devel] Thinking about a Gnumed middleware... m

From: sjtan
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] re: Gnumed-devel] Thinking about a Gnumed middleware... maybe Gnumed2
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:48:57 +1000

I repeat i dont't know well Python 'enterprise' world. Those are
just a couple of proposals/ideas that maybe we could test and
evaluate... sure there would be other alternatives...

there's the diffusion of scarce programmer human resources argument, but also there's the parallelizing evolution argument as well ; looking at the pyro notes, it sounds like a realization of some academic ideas, which isn't so bad; just because it hasn't got a label "CORBA 2.3 compliant" etc, it's got some interesting explanations. e.g. use methods not nested attribute accessors; watch out for the pickle serializer because it might run arbitrary code on the server ... use a xml serializer slows
it down by an order of magnitude, but is more secure ..." etc.
There's also Fnorb, and Omniorb py as well, but the objection was the "not another large chunk of middleware
to configure, install, debug " as well.