Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] one more vaccinations detail
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 13:09:50 +0200

> > What *is* "completely out of date" ?
>
> Legally Yellow Fever vaccine is out of date at ten years (valid from 10 days
> after vacc given)
> Typhoid injectable vaccines 3 years; Typhoid oral vaccine 1 year;
> clinical - not legal.
Sorry, I misunderstood.

Sure, various vaccinations will have to be boostered after a
given amount of time. Often 10, 6, 3 or 1 year(s). We already
cover that and discern not-due-but-scheduled, due and overdue
vaccinations.

I was referring to, say, this:

- HepAB base immunization requires 3 shots in adults
- someone was given 2 out of 3 in due course

Are those two injections still valid when the patient comes
back for the 3rd shot after:

- 1 year (yes)
- 3 years (probably)
- 5 years (?)
- 10 years (probably not)
- 25 years (well ?)

What about if that patient only had 1 out of the 3 shots in
the first place ?

This is what we don't cover yet. The docs I found all say that
"all shots are valid". It seems obvious, though, that after a
sufficiently long period of time incomplete base immunizations
are likely to be void - or aren't they ?