Re: [Gnumed-devel] LabJournal

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] LabJournal
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 21:10:42 +0200

> > > I am thinking the acceptance/ linking of the
> >> result to the patient needs to capture the responsible clinician or
> >> is this limited to the "review" step?
> >well, whoever writes data into test_result will be recorded by
> >way of the auditing
>
> When the row test_result is first created, will it be branded as
> having been created by the 'fetcher/importer" user or by the human
> user who authorized "yes, these results all belong to James T Kirk"
Depends on who creates the row :-)  If I am taking care of
unattached results manually I will be noted as the creator. If
the row is auto-created by the importer that importer will be
the creator - depending on which database account the importer
connects to the database with.

> Any one GNUMed installation could end up having to use more than one
> fetcher/importer
Sure. If you want to tell them apart by way of the modified_by
field use dedicated database accounts - which is perfectly
reasonable.

> or within one one overall fetcher/importer a special
> and separate translation table or other "interface" depending on the
> various test_orgs, so might it be important to record somewhere
> (maybe test_result) the interface through which the result had been
> translated?
well, either put it into one of the comment fields or use
dedicated accounts ...