Re: [Gnumed-devel] basic test types

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] basic test types
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:04:24 -0700

At 9:02 PM +0200 9/30/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
 > The only proviso here is whether we can trust that two different labs
 will never send us two results where each has the same (code, coding
 system) but in fact the records represent two *different* entities.
That might happen, most often when coding_system is NULL.
Other than that I don't see this happening without it being a
good reason for changing things lab-side.

The above was one reason I was thinking it useful to automatically replace coding_system (when the lab provides none and it would have defaulted to a "NULL" value) with fk_test_org