[Gnumed-devel] modules to develop

From: scaredycat
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] modules to develop
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 10:36:05 +1000

this is another re-invent wheel module that might be useful:
pop3 protocol is fairly simple, and gpg is easily available on linux systems. has anyone done a module to connect to a mailbox , scan for certain mail headers and
RETRieve mail, and decrypt gpg ecrypted / signed mail contents, for getting
a document to import into the document table?
- having delusions about this , when sending encrypted mail to myself , having recently installed enigmail. The other side is to encrypt/sign with pgp, and send mail with a certain
header to a smtp agent.
I think there are python modules for this .
pretty naive , huh?

after that, gnumed could have the first feature of sending encrypted ( and human
readable and decryptable as enigmail)
plain text medical records (which it can do already, and can do either through python
or a java-server web interface), referrals,  requests ,
then maybe later do it in hl7 messaging. Even if it were to be completely
incompatible with the hl7 messaging of other systems, we'd at least
can say ," no, it's your fault your system can't receive our standards-based comms".