[Gnumed-devel] clin_medication

From: scaredycat
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] clin_medication
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:00:27 +1000

However, this needs to be discussed and decided *BEFORE*
changing (it can be changed if there is good reason !)
because we have LIVE INSTALLATIONS of this out there.

on this vein, just for 0.1 development purposes, the constraints on clin_medication (amount_unit, and drug_form) don't match drugref similiar type tables, and the constraints in clin_medication also requires dose and period ( not null), but directions is optional. I don't know if it is a good idea to convert mg to g dose units or have tds be a period in seconds , and leaving it to the application to convert back to presentation strings when reading clin_medication later. (on the other hand, if the vote is that this makes things better
later, then work proceeds).

The drugref forms have quite a lot of forms that have no correspondence in the constraints of clin_medication. A possible solution is to merge the forms and add it to the constraints, or just invent some which at least can accommodate drugref,
and presumably any other drug reference.
(e.g. mapping suppository to cap  ,  and patch to cream ,  isn't great).