Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed

From: E Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:47:29 +1000

On Thursday 14 October 2004 16:56, J Busser wrote:
> At 10:13 AM +1000 10/14/04, scaredycat wrote:
> >>There is no such thing as repeats in Germany. For *any* refill
> >>you'll need to get a new prescription from a doctor.
>
> But "refills" are used in enough countries (Canada included) to make
> them reasonable to include in the schema? In Canada we can specify a
> number of refills as well as a minimum time that must elapse between
> refills, I assume to discourage excessive use of prn medications.

For some items (narcotics), I have to specify a minimum time between repeats
I can 'write' a prescription for any number of the item and any number of
repeats.
the notion of always nil repeats in Germanic style countries is the simple
solution, thanks Karsten

--
The reason I like hitching a ride on strict vars is that it cuts down
the number of rarely used pragmas people have to remember, yet provides