Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: clin_medication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: clin_medication
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:34:22 +0200

> the unchecked dosage_form  is ok, why not  reference a dosage_form_type ,
> making applications standardize the form
just my gut feeling this would be too restrictive

> dosage numeric[]  - how does it handle titrating up to a dose (e.g.
> ramipril) and continuing ?
specify each does and set the period to the entire length of
the titration phase

> there might be a need for 2 periods, 1 for dosing, and
> 1 for next dosage amount.
not sure I understand

> I still don't get how to use dosage_unit  - when is it g and when is it each?
IMO always g or ml

"each" might be used for, like, "1 pill as packaged"

IMO, however, this is directions stuff: "take 1 pill at ..."
and the actual amount in g should be put into dosage_unit

Also, what about i.U., eg. international units, eg. "apply 4
units in the morning, 5 in the evening", eg insulin ?