Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: commits to gmClinicalRecord

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] re: commits to gmClinicalRecord
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:47:02 +0200

> I apologise if anyone got upset by the small commits to
> gmClinicalRecord . cvs isn't irreversible except for directories,
> and it is a way of  taking a look at an idea. It's easy to reverse it
> just by downloading the previous version,
> and then commiting that again .
> wrt to the bulk loading code, it wasn't my intention to delete it
I know. I just had to let off some steam while syncing both
version.

Part of the fault lies in the probably stupid CVS frontend
that seems to like to force-commit things under some some
circumstances.

> I was wondering why the guards were removed
I moved them a few lines down unless I forgot one or the
other.

> though, since
> the data that web client enters shows up, when the guards are present.
I am wary of hiding client bugs behind guards in the
middleware or backend. After all, passing in [] where None is
actually wanted sounds like a programming bug to me. I am not
particularly fond of software making decisions for me where
*I* must make that decision. Or rather where there actually is
no decision to be made but rather a bug to be fixed.

> (This picked up a bug too , with  the web client;
Which is always good !

BTW, I can see your current data, allergies/vaccs and stuff
and this already prompted me to improve vaccs handling a bit
(check for vaccs given but patient not scheduled for any -
which medically makes sense but should be handled sensibly...).