[Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...

From: Alessandro Amici
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:13:45 +0200

Andreas,

On Monday 25 October 2004 14:26, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Many thanks.  This is exactly the input I wanted.  I'll traveling the next
> three days around which is the best time to work on stuff like that because
> nobody will ring me on the phone and no e-mail is attracting my attention.
> ;-)

ok, other things i hit (in random order):
- bootstrap-gm_db_system want the conf into /etc not /etc/gnumed
- bootstrap-gm_db_system.conf needs the service 'reference'
- /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf looks for the local db 'gnumed', should be
'gnumed-test'
- /etc/gnumed/gnumed.conf by defaults connects to an outside server (!!)
- on a fresh postgres install the pg_hba.conf modifications didn't work for
me. i needed to set 'local all all trust' (mm... not sure if this is really
independent by the gnumed-gnumed-test problem)
- test accounts are not uploaded during bootstrap
- the any-doc user does not exists even after 'psql gnumed-test <
gmTestAccounts.sql'

and i still cannot log in :-/. error is:

2004-10-25 16:09:25 [WARN]
(/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG.py:address@hidden):
query >>>select name from distributed_db<<< with args
 >>>()<<< failed
2004-10-25 16:09:25 [WARN]
(/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG.py:address@hidden):
exception type : libpq.OperationalError
2004-10-25 16:09:25 [WARN]
(/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG.py:address@hidden):
exception value: ERROR:  permission denied for relati
on distributed_db
2004-10-25 16:09:25 [ERROR]
(/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Gnumed/wxpython/gmGuiHelpers.py:address@hidden):

Unable to connect to database:  cannot loa
d service names from configuration database  Please retry or cancel !

cheers,
alessandro