[Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Gnumed Debian packaging lagging behind...
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:27:19 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Alessandro Amici wrote:

This is intentionally because the local server does not yet work.  There
are problems in the connection I have to track down in the next couple of
days.

you need to warn the users about that. it is a completely unexpected behavior
for a debian package (i don't say it's wrong).
Well, I would say it *is* wrong.  But well, I warned the users.  I just quote
from the download directory:

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

Here you can find some packages builded by Andreas Tille.

They are more than experimental.

The only reason to publish these files is to give a trace that I'm working
on them.

Do not expect useful things inside these packages and use them at your
own risk - or better - do not use them.

You have been warned.

This is no default disclaimer - the packages do really not work.

Andreas Tille.

Isn't this warning enough????

I'm currently thinking about providing different gnumed scripts (which just
use different config files).  One "gnumed" for the local database and one
"gnumed-online" (just suggest a better name) for the online data base.  This
would clarify things for the future perhaps.  Comments?

i'll have a look at the package in the next few days. thanks!
alessandro
This would be nice

          Andreas.

--