Re: [Gnumed-devel] more comments....I tried it all day in consultations

From: Richard Terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] more comments....I tried it all day in consultations
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:20:15 +1100

Another point about this it that although I think we should allow multiple
porblems to be encountered via the soap control, there is absolutely nothing
stopping somone hell bent on sub-splitting up all the patients problems to
enforce a per-problem use of the same control. It really is very flexible.

Also I agree with the comments about the flexibility of Ian's code - I
commented on this to Ian - I always found with VB that when I had/or was
close to the solution the code was simple/logical/non-hacked. With his
current solution it is really easy to add any number of headings/sub editors
etc. Really good.

Perhaps we could vote to change the basic SOAP headings to the ones which seem
to work.

Another comment (from something syan said), there is absolutely not reason -
and in fact this should be implemented, that the popup editors shouldn't
appear (say) in the history taken section. ie As you take a general history
you invoke the ph editor which pops up, if the patient is allergic - then up
pops the allergy subeditor. Of course, upon saving the SOAP stuff, the system
as well as keeping the entire SOAP control contents to be part of the
progress notes, also sub-splits out the past history items into the
appropriate table.

Also I've lots of comments on the progress note question, but I'll post those
in a separate heading. Note of course, that each SOAP entry collection is
actually a progress note section.

Regards

richard