Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dates comment - PastHistory - was Words of Wisdom on

From: E Dodd
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Dates comment - PastHistory - was Words of Wisdom on Past History Data
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:04:19 +1100

On Monday 15 November 2004 08:22, Richard Terry wrote:

> 1) when I first did the PH editing area back in 1997 I quickly noticed
> something. This may be Australia idiosyncratic, but by and large people
> seemed to remember health events either by Year, or Number of years ago,
> not by the age they suffered them, unless the events took place in
> childhood or early adult hood when they were invariably remembered by age.

actually it gets dated by either political events or the year some baby
arrived . certainly people don't consider their age as part of the equation.
a school kid's recall relates to what grade of school they were in

--
        "That's right; the upper-case shift works fine on the screen, but
they're not coming out on the damn printer...  Hold?  Sure, I'll hold."