[Gnumed-devel] Re: Jims SOAP comments + Dr Messages+ Time Elapsed

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Jims SOAP comments + Dr Messages+ Time Elapsed
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:42:54 -0800

At 8:50 AM +1100 11/15/04, Richard Terry wrote:
 > - and beyond current patient issues:
 -- to be aware how we are doing for time, at minimum to easily see
 the current time and at what time we have our next appointment,
 > optionally time progress feedback like visit-elapsed vs

Within an encounter, the awareness of how much time remains available (and the decision whether to run over, or to reschedule) would relate to a combination of

i) how much time was pre-assigned
ii) appointment scheduled start time / actual start time / current time
iii) competing / next appointment time (or more realistically, how many patients, or how much total time, is one "behind") versus

iv) how far one is done dealing with the patient's request list, and the status of recall/review items or other to-dos one had assigned oneself for that patient

Maybe how best to present i). ii). iii) will be clearer as the GUI takes further shape i.. as we figure out a few other things that could have impacts.