[Gnumed-devel] aiming for very limited local piloting in British Columbi

From: J Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] aiming for very limited local piloting in British Columbia, Canada
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:54:08 -0800

Things are shaping up nicely (fingers crossed) for me to be able to get some project support for that anticoagulation clinic.

For the project to get anywhere, a key component will be that lab importer which, once I have it available and working for my health region, contingent on the associated ability to manually enter other results, could lower the threshold for other people in my region to let GnuMed onto their "radar".

GnuMed would suddenly become interesting to people who, although cautious adopters, may be happy to move in a step-wise fashion as they maintain an otherwise (i.e. hybrid) paper chart.

Prescription-writing, even if filling is done via printing/faxing rather than electronically --- and especially with the ability to maintain a medication list (dose adjustments etc) --- could be another significant step-wise attraction to people.