Re: [Gnumed-devel] report re: windows install

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] report re: windows install
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 00:51:46 +0100

> it still works, albeit temporarily using alternate install scripts

> I think the next thing to do , is to
>
> 1) do a windows bat script (redo-max.bat)  that will
>    a)search and change the soft link import statements
>    b)run using the windows python on the bootstrap-gm_db_system.py ,
>
> this will dispense with the need for the test-area/cygwin scripts and
> the need to install cygwin ( even if it only minimal).
>
> 2)iron out unix dependencies from the bootstrap-gm_db_system script.

I think the "better" solution (for now anyways) is to tell
users to temporarily configure their Windows PostgreSQL server
such that GnuMed bootstrapping can be run from a nearby UNIX
box over the net. We probably should not invest too much time
into making the bootstrapping run on deficient OS', should we ?

Nonetheless your notes are useful.