Re: [Gnumed-devel] report re: windows install

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] report re: windows install
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 00:56:55 +1100

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:07:46 +0100
Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> > >    a)search and change the soft link import statements
> for the curious please elaborate

Currently gnumed modules are imported as
import Gnumed.business.gmDemographics

for example.
however that does match the CVS structure (the file is
gnumed/client/business/gmDemographics.py)
Current olution: a symbolic link "Gnumed" in the directory gnumed/ to "client"
in that same directory. I suppose in the longer term we need
to re-organise CVS.

However, Windows doesn't have symbolic links...
Syan's soltion is an automated script that modifies all the import statements
throughout the code to match the real file structure.

Of course
rename client Gnumed
at the DOS prompt would work too, I have no idea why he doesn't do this,

Ian

PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E