Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: clin_health_issue - some thoughts

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: clin_health_issue - some thoughts
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:24:19 +0100

> > with the naming assigned to the issues. For example I find it helpful
> > to sort "adjacent" a patient's angina, status-post MI and post-CABG,
> > heart failure and renal failure, it certainly helps when reviewing
> > the rationale for a current drug regimen.
> I think under our model you would have an overarching health issue
> "cardiovascular disease" under which to group these diagnoses.
Agree.

> Just thinking aloud, is the disease<->health issue
> relationship reasonably predictable, that is, could the disease
> codes directory store a "default" health issue for each
> diagnosis, so they can be grouped automatically. (of course the
> user should be able to re-arrange them manually if desired)
I assume it may be useful to store suggestions or defaults.

> > I've been playing around with the multi-split based SOAP inpuut

> This is good work, I would like to propose a modification
> based on Karsten's suggestion on IRC: instead of a TreeCtrl on
> the right
the idea of the tree ctrl was to allow for looking at the
medical record while composing new notes. It wasn't so much
intended for selecting episodes for creating new soap widgets
on the left.

> just have a listbox with health issues numbered,
episodes numbered or better yet current problems numbered

> The health issues are
> 1. congestive cardiac failure
> 2. diabetes
yes, but the episodes (or current problems) may be different

> The numbered list can change over time, as health issues are
> ordered by importance. New issues can be generated implicitly
> by referring to a new number.
I wouldn't even try to keep it constant but rather generate it
from the database every time the soap widget is initialized.