[Gnumed-devel] Login dialog

From: Hilmar Berger
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Login dialog
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 21:02:40 +0100

Hi all,

just to say that I'm halfway back with GnuMed, I tried to change the login
dialog. Half a year ago we discussed a suggestion by Richard how this dialog
might be improved in order to save key presses on login. I don't believe that
anyone needs to change the profile options in the login dialog once reasonable
profiles are stored in the config file. I put all detail information that was
accessible through the "options" button in the gnumed config file and removed
this button. Now, there is one additional combo-box to choose the profile (i.e.
host, database etc.). Profiles are defined in the config file only. Focus is at
the password entry and OK is now the default button. That way you will just
have to enter the password an hit return (see pic).
I still didn't change text colors and move the workplace name to the title bar
but this can be done if wanted.

If nobody objects, I will check in this code. This would mean that everyone has
to change his gnumed.conf file (example attached, defaults are set to
localhost/gnumed in the code if no information on profiles is found).

Hilmar