Re: [Gnumed-devel] Past History Comments (was 1.2.3.....)

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Past History Comments (was 1.2.3.....)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 23:10:26 +1100

Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Age_Onset       number could be months or years
Age_onset_Units  key to lu_units table
this we would have to record the following way and I agree
this is ugly:

enter an issue, attach an episode, attach a clin_narrative
soap row, record the age/unit as text in it, attach a type "PH
age" to it

We should perhaps derive a new table from clin_root_item
called past_history that has dedicated age/unit fields.
Entries in that table would then be attached to health issues
which would somewhat clean things up on the backend. Comments
there ?
it's a bit fuzzy what should go on past_history and what's on clin_diag
.
I'm assuming there'd be only allowed one past_history item per health_issue ,
otherwise the grouping of the other clin_root_items would be difficult.

Notes              eg BP's 190/110, 200/150
Any number of clin_narrative rows can be attached to the
clin_health_issue. The frontend could scan for particular
types of clin_narrative rows and display them as Notes.

a type field for clin_narrative?

BTW, is is_episode_name really needed? Why not just a non-mandatory field on clin_episode?

Seems we do need some work but aren't in that bad a shape.

I would appreciate more discussion on how to solve that PH
thing within our framework !