Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com reborn

From: J Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com reborn
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 08:56:49 -0800

At 8:43 PM +1100 11/28/04, Horst Herb wrote:
Would you be happy if I'd just set up TikiWiki in it's simplest incarnation
(see http://hherb.com/gpcg for an example what it looks like in a more
complex incarnation)?

At 11:04 AM +0100 11/28/04, Karsten Hilbert wrote:
No. I would suggest to install whatever comes with Debian and
is popular. This is the most likely to get security updates
made available.

The tikiwiki home page suggests they are interested to add a debian package but do not seem to have one now.

It is hard to argue with Karsten's point. Some months ago, there was discussion of what to use on the basis of whether the documentation could be easily multi-purposed (e.g. the ability to download html-formatted groups of pages) but it seems now that security needs to be the prime consideration.

Sounds like a bit of further exploration is required? Once the TWiki replacement is installed, I could start rebuilding the content preferably after I could be sent it (maybe zipped) the last available content.