Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com reborn

From: David Grant
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] hherb.com reborn
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 23:27:31 -0800

Horst,

The latest twiki has the hole patched. There are patches for all old version of twiki as well. I just upgraded to the newest version and it looks nicer, has many new features, and has email notification when topics change, using a cron job. http://www.davidgrant.ca:81/twiki/bin/view/Sandbox/WebHome (login as guest).

twiki has been around for a long time and is more likely to have less holes than something which is newer. It has fairly active development which is a good thing for features as well as security, and it has a good reputation in general. I feel really bad for TWiki, Horst, and gnumed that this happened because otherwise it is a good free piece of software. (BTW, was it confirmed that TWiki was the source of the problem?)

David

Horst Herb wrote:

The hherb.com substitute is up and running.
160 GB hdd, 1 GB RAM, 100MBit network, redundant power supply.
AIDE installed and configured, only a minimum of services running, no root users but me. Apache processes running as www-data. I installed the syscp administration suite (http://www.syscp.de/wiki/EnAboutSysCP), so we can set up virtual domains and subdomains very easily as needed, and these can be administrated by whomever without compromising the system.

I am still cautious about re-installing TWiki.

Would you be happy if I'd just set up TikiWiki in it's simplest incarnation (see http://hherb.com/gpcg for an example what it looks like in a more complex incarnation)?

Horst