Re: [Gnumed-devel] Aggregating health issues on screen. - Contextual Inf

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Aggregating health issues on screen. - Contextual Info
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:14:20 +1100

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:30:53 +0100
Karsten Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ian, can we simply add a "type" field to the soap2 __init__
> args that types the labels the user supplies ? Eg. If I wanted
> to name a field "what ran on TV while I didn't listen to the
> patient's boring account of his presenting complaint" - so be
> it - but let me attach a type "S" to that field. The type can
> be used to constrain phrasewheel matches, popup edit areas,
> and available codes, too, and it should be handed out with the
> dict entries from GetData(). The post-processor for saving the
> stuff will/should build on that.
Certainly, however (I assume) Richard would like these labels also
used when displaying the notes: if two labels map to type 'S', how are those
clin_narratives separated (IOW, we need five clin_root_item types, not four).
Personally I think we should add a fifth type ("H"?), after all, you don't have
to use it if you don't want to.

Ian
PGP public key E750652E at wwwkeys.pgp.net
9BF0 67B7 F84F F7EE 0C42  C063 28FC BC52 E750 652E