Re: [Gnumed-devel] may help

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] may help
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 21:18:00 +0100

>    This thread, without any intention of annoying or creating bad
> discussion, more just an informal chat,  arised from imaging how (at
> least in future, for 0.5? ;) ) could we enable our code for interaction
> in and independent language way. If anyone wants to develop any kind of
> client (eg. pathology or hospital focused client) for use with Gnumed ,
> would be able to provide our business functional classes in any way, or
> the code must be ported to other languages? Backend schema is really
> robust, efficient and provides lots of services and security... One
> approach can be: you'll be using Gnumed by using its SQL schema, as a
> lot of logic and constraints is into it.. Another approach could be: you
> can user Gnumed by using SQL schema + business classes (cPatient,
> cClinicalRecord...), which we offer to you eg. as corba services...
Eventually we intend to offer business logic level access to
GnuMed by means of XML-RPC services (unless something clearly better is
presented when actual implementation starts). We wouldn't be
offering access to the business classes directly but rather
would the business classes become a lot leaner (their
functionality moved into the service server serving the
XML-RPC) and that server would use the logic now in the
business classes to connect to the backend.

This would be roughly the same as moving the business class
call API from the Python internal space into RPC space via XML.