Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to configure gnumed to use not just "localhost"

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to configure gnumed to use not just "localhost"
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 16:14:15 +0100

Chong,

> I have updated my gnumed and when I run
> Python gm-from-cvs.sh, the login in screen will default the host to
> "localhost", is anyway I can change this?
You likely need to edit the config file to setup another profile.

- gm-from-cvs.sh uses the default config file
- most likely this is ~/.gnumed/gnumed.conf
   (you can find out in the log file)
   (at startup you will be told where the log file is)
- an example config file you could copy is in client/etc/gnumed.conf.example
   (I just now checked in a visually improved version of that file)

If you click on the arrow to the right of the profile line you
will see a few profiles in a drop down list. Please use

 "GnuMed - Public DB at anubis.homeunix.com"

for now to connect to a public server.

Please report back how things go !