Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to configure gnumed to use not just "localhost"

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] how to configure gnumed to use not just "localhost"
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:06:34 +0100

> Just want to mention that this is just my personal interest.
Understood. No collision of interests is intended or seen.

> Epic has great software but it targets big clients and the way how Epic
> software works is quite different from gnumed.
Agree. We target GPs/community practices.

> Also, we are using Cache
> and M as backend instead of relation database like gnumed.
I figured as much from the website. Does Epic software run on GT.M ?

> By the way, I have seen many open source EMR code and by far, the code
> and backend database structure of gnumed is the most comprehensive I
> have seen.
Glad to hear that.

> Keep up great work and hopefully, I can contribute once I get a better
> understating of how it works.
Looking forward to that.

> (My major interest is to have a web based front end for GNUMED)
We hope to make the backend robust and flexible enough to
allow for any client the user needs.

Please ask if you need more help.