Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Latest progress with you SOAP stuff-CATCH22

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Latest progress with you SOAP stuff-CATCH22
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:12:56 +1100

Richard Terry wrote:
Once again a complete failure:

Dieses Skript installiert Daten in ein GnuMed-Datenbanksystem,
mit denen GnuMed für Deutschland angepaßt wird.

Do you really want to install this database setup ?
Type yes or no: no
Seems obvious, but remember Karsten wrote all the test data, which
depends on the German files. You and I must load *both* the Australian
*and* the German data to load the tests. And you need the test-data to
login as Dr. Jim "Bones" McCoy.

To change this situation means writing Australian files for vaccination
tables (which will, eventually, get done) and then re-writing the test
data with Kirk being vaccinated with Australian vaccines (which I'm not
going to do as the reward/effort ratio at present is too low)

Questions for the list:
        - without at least one real identity, gnumed is useless, as it insists
(rightly) that all system users be linked to a flesh-and-blood identity.
How then can we ever then bootstrap real systems?
I propose a special "admin" client that logs in as gm_dbowner and can
create other users.
        - we desperately need to overhaul the bootstrapping experience.
The Debian guys are doing interesting work
[http://people.debian.org/~seanius/policy/dbconfig-common.html]
however using this functionality intersects with about 50% of our
current bootstrapper.

Ian