Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed

From: catmat
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: using dbconfig-common in gnumed
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:12:59 +1100

Andreas Tille wrote:

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Ian Haywood wrote:

I would like to propose this more formally

This is not just a packager's issue, as it would largely replace our own Python bootstrapping script. [Of course there would be nothing to stop people from still using that script, but it would likely be left unmaintained]

Hmmm, why that?
YOur bootstraping script is fine and just has to be feeded by different
config scripts.  I personally see absolutely no influence here.

Yes, redo-public.sh as root did *work again*, as did cygwin/install_schema.sh , once I did the steps mentioned previously to erase the postgres data directory , initdb again, enable tcpip_socket, and set the postgres user's password. Perhaps granted permissions ,sequences and users aren't being dropped , because they are in global scope, instead of within gnumed schema scope, and redo stops on error when it recreates them.

Perhaps a child script to do just that, at the start of redo-public.sh   ?