[Gnumed-devel] Re: commits

From: catmat
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: commits
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:18:16 +1100

+import Queue
I think we should rewrite that without using Queue.
wxCallAfter (if at all necessary, see wxPython example) really
ought to be able to deal with this.

Karsten
In a previous posting, I explained that on testing the behaviour of the wx system,
I did not get the ghost edit textctrl with the Queue,
but using parameterized wxCallAfter , the ghost edit control bug was still reproducible.
wxCallAfter will not fix this bug.

The problem is that wx system doesn't fire any end edit events if a default node is created, or editing is canceled.
This would imply that all new nodes have to be created as default
health issue, and default episode nodes on the backend *before* the start of editing,
and then updated later , if and only if the label description is changed .
The drawback here, is that you can end up with a lot of default nodes, and
I don't think you can have more than one default health issue. If you can't have more than one default health issue, then you need to intercept the edit cancel/ default label event,
which you can't , with the wx system,
unless you have lower level event handlers. (KEY_DOWN - handles enter key , LOSE_FOCUS - handles mouse click off)

I think it's not worth it wasting time re-exploring this problem, when the fix is there.