[Gnumed-devel] XPCOM and XUL [was: how to configure gnumed to use not ju

From: Ian Haywood
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] XPCOM and XUL [was: how to configure gnumed to use not just "localhost"]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:33:50 +1100

Thilo Schuler wrote:

What do you think about that? I am happy to discuss this and still can switch to more suitable technology. One thing that irritates me is the relatively small degree of XUL propagation.
I agree XUL is an under-used technology, hopefully with Firefox taking off this will change.

As a proof of concept I envision builing such a small system. Maybe archetypes and templates could be produced that are compatible with parts of the Gnumed backend. The generated interfaces could then be linked to the backend by writing a web service wrapper for some middleware routines.
Can I suggest PyXPCOM (http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/architecture/xpcom/pyxpcom/)
which would essentially let you use the gnumed business objects directly.

Ian